In View: Goblin (Guardian: The Lonely and Great God)

Synopsis: In order for a goblin to finally rest in peace, he must have his destined bride remove the sword that is pierced through him. This is his punishment for his past sins - to see those around him go through the circle of life as he is left to only watch. After hundreds of years, he eventually meets his bride.

Number of Episodes Watched So Far: 4


Thoughts:
Initially, I decided to check this show out because the synopsis was different from recent fantasy dramas. This to me is the charm of the show. I don't have much background knowledge of goblins or the grim reaper nor have I seen a drama with goblins or the grim reaper. So this in turns makes the story line not as predictable. Case in point- the portrayal of the grim reaper was not what I expected. The grim reaper seems to have more depth than just some feared character. If anything he is a lot of things, but feared isn't a characteristic I would label our grim reaper here.

The cinematography is lovely. The music is pretty good. The acting has been great. Gong Yoo and Lee Dong Wook are great together. Who would have thought having the goblin and the grim reaper as roommates would be so entertaining to watch. My only small gripe was having longer episodes for the first week (instead of the typical 1 hour), but that's just my personal preference.

Overall, I would say this drama feels a bit slow in pace, which isn't completely bad. We're learning about these beings as the story line becomes set up.

Verdict:
I'll be tuning in.
Hopefully this drama keeps me interested and picks up the pace later on.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROOMMATE Episode 17

TRIANGLE Episode 26 (Finale)

ROOMMATE Episode 19