In View: Roommate Season 2



Synopsis: 12 celebrities living together under one roof.

Number of Episodes Watched So Far: 7





Thoughts:
In all honesty, I didn't know how I'd feel about the new cast mates. But that all changed from the get-go. Boy did they cast some interesting people. There is Park Joon Hyung from the legendary group, g.o.d. In his pre-show interview, he was so loud and funny. Comedian Lee Gook Ju was one of the new cast members that I was looking forward to. She was also hilarious from the beginning. Actress Bae Jong Ok and singer Sunny (of Girls' Generation) were unexpectedly really laid back. I thought that since they are both are veterans in their respective fields that they would be intimidating to the others, but that was not the case. Ryohei Otani is the castmate that I am most unfamiliar with, but from what I can see, he seems to balance out the newbies with his calm demeanor. Jackson Wang and Heo Young Ji round up the cast. They are the youngest and also new to the entertainment industry. For some newbies, they really made a big impact. I knew Jackson was hilarious so I think this is a great opportunity to get some public recognition. Also I find it hilarious that the song "Ms. Jackson" by Outkast is played during some of Jackson's scenes. Seriously, it gets me every time because I know the editors are only using it because "Jackson" is in the song title (and not because the meaning of the song goes with the scenes). Young Ji seriously came out of nowhere. I didn't know she was in the cast until the show had already aired. When I watched the first episode, she became my favorite among the new members. She was unexpectedly funny and was okay with throwing away her idol image to show her real self. Her silent laugh had me laughing so hard.

The original cast members seem quite busy. They aren't in the house as much as they were. I don't think of this as a bad thing though. It seems like they got more work opportunities after being on the show. Despite not being in the house as much as before, it seems as though they meshed well with the new members so there doesn't seem to be division between new and old cast mates.

The vibe is different if you compare the two seasons. While season 1 seemed more like a family, this season seems more like friends living together. For me, I can't say one season is better than the other because of this.

RANT: Can I just say....where is the whole "self healing" aspect that the producers were trying to market as what this new season was going to be about? This kind of annoyed me. If they were going for a more fun atmosphere then they should have just said that to begin with.

Verdict:
I'm going to continue watching. It is fun to watch. Honestly though, I'm not as drawn to the show as I once was. Before I anticipated each episode. This season I tend to watch when I want to watch something I know will be fun. But it is what it is. It's not the same as the first season, but that is the charm of the show- you don't know what you'll get until the cast is together.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROOMMATE Episode 17

TRIANGLE Episode 26 (Finale)

ROOMMATE Episode 19